2014年11月22日土曜日

memory of this summer

As I live near the seashore,  this summer I often went there to spend some time walking along the shore with my husband.
There I found very cute small pink seashells.  In our country, they are called cherry blossom shells 'cause they just look like cherry blossom petals.
I picked up many of them on the quiet seashore- as I used to do as a child.


Aren't they beautiful?  They shine like a gem on the shore.
This year I wanted to make use of them. They are too pretty to leave them in the corner of the house!
So I made a very small accessories by putting some uv resin in it with small beads and pieces of  pretty pebbles.

 a pair of earrings
I put pearl and watermelon tourmaline.


the other side of the earrings. pure natural color. beautiful, aren't they?


and I made a big pendant head using pink shells as flower petals of cherry blossom.  I put small golden beads at the center of the flower as stamens. The green pebble is Aventurine. The white shell I also picked up at the sea. It is white but looks rusty and I like the antique-look.


The UV resin is transparent so it looks like clear water and really nice, I think. It also helps the fragile shells strong enough for using as  accessories when hardened by UV.

This one I painted  'night sky with crescent  moon' on the inside of one seashell  which I picked up at the shore with acrylic paint; and put some resin and added small beads, a pink seashell, and small crystal points . I also put small amount of very fine sand of the seashore because the color is such a beauty it just looks like gold dust. As you may see in the photo, it just looks like misty cloud around my crescent moon, and I like it :)


Thank you for watching!








2 件のコメント:

  1. The things you have made are so beautiful. It must have taken you a long time to make these - they look very fiddly.

    返信削除
  2. Thank you!
    Well actually, all you have to do is just pour the resin(it is viscous liquid) in the shell and place some decoration, then take it under the sun for a while!; so it is much easier than it looks. (much less time than crocheting!)

    返信削除