2014年10月30日木曜日

my new bag

As I wrote in the last article, I sewed a bag using Polish linen last week.
This linen is not only beautiful but also feels like so nice and cozy that I was kind of afraid to make any mistake!
It took about one and a half days to finish it, because I decided to use magnetic hook for closure and went to buy them to the craft shop.
Now it is one of my favorite. :)

Here are some photos:


This is called 'Balloon Bag' because it looks like a bit of balloon due to a lot of side gathers near the handles and tacks at the bottom. (I hope my English makes sense  as I am not a native English speaker)
I needed no lining because this Polish linen is so sturdy.  That makes this roomy bag finished so fast and feather light.




As you can see, I sew two  pockets inside the bag to make it handy and easy access for small items like cell phone and keys;  The ribbon you can see is to help this bag shape like a balloon and for a nice screen from others eyes when you open it. (It has big opening)

I even used magnet hook(this was not in the pattern) for convenience and nice stow-away for the ribbon, as I thought it is a bit bother to tie the ribbon every time I need. It  is also troublesome when you do not tie them.
See?


For adding a bit of cute touch, I stamped little teddy bear using cloth ink.:)





I really like the combination of the natural linen and subtle orange.


Ready to go out!









2 件のコメント:

  1. Very well done - a gorgeous bag and well made.

    返信削除
  2. I am happy you like it!
    You know, watching so many craft lovers like you creating things to make everyday life abundant and comfortable is so inspiring that I feel like taking crochet hook although I've never tried before.
    It needs patience and accuracy as well as time, though, doesn't it?

    返信削除